Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 bottle (15 ounces) mild green taco sauce
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Chopped tomatoes, optional
- Chopped avocados, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Add taco sauce; simmer until slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish with three tortillas, tearing them into pieces as necessary. Layer half of meat mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with half of cheese. Layer with three more tortillas; spread with refried beans. Cover with sour cream; sprinkle with green onions and olives. Layer remaining tortillas over top; cover with remaining meat mixture and cheese. Bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving. If desired, serve with chopped tomatoes and avocados.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 468 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1064mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Feb 15, 2016
Made it last weekend and everyone fought over the leftovers! Wonderfully delicious and so quick to throw together! Also a fabulous meal to bring to a potluck!
Aug 19, 2011
I've made this recipe several times, and it is always enjoyed by everyone. It is delicious, and I can't stop eating it, when it's in my refrigerator!
Dec 29, 2010
Making this again tonight for the second time. The kids love it!!
May 1, 2009
My Mom just made this recipe and it was as good as any great Mexican restaurant. Delicious!!!!
Dec 7, 2008
I Can`t wait to make this it sounds delicious.my Family loves mexican recipes.Coleen123
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.