Chocolate Eclair Delight
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa, divided
- 9 whole graham crackers, halved
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg substitute; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of filling; cover and refrigerate until cooled.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine whipped topping and 1 tablespoon cocoa; set aside. Arrange half of the crackers in a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Layer half of the filling and topping over the crackers. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining cocoa.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 209 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 27, 2017
msfedd - The Test Kitchen Tip at the bottom of the instructions says to use 2 eggs. Hope this taste as good as it looks and sounds!
Jun 19, 2017
Just wondering, I don't use egg substitute. If I am using regular eggs, how many would I need? Thanks.
Sep 16, 2016
Awesome dessert and easy to assemble. Definitely a keeper!
Jul 5, 2016
So simple and so delicious! LOVE this dessert and will make it often.
May 7, 2016
Very, very good!! Definitely no complaints about the dessert when I made this recipe!! Followed recipe as is.
Jun 6, 2015
Oh my gosh, is this good!!!!!!!!
Apr 7, 2015
This is a delicious dessert!!!!!!!