Ice Cream Tacos
Talk about a fun presentation! Karen Oney’s cute dessert looks just like a taco—but it’s stuffed with chocolate ice cream and topped with cherries and coconut instead of tomatoes and lettuce. “These are as much fun to make as to eat,“ promises the creative Fort Worth, Texas cook.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
- Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with cinnamon. In a large skillet, heat tortillas, one at a time with cinnamon side up, in oil over medium heat. When tortilla starts to brown, fold into a taco shape; drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the pecans for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Tint coconut with food coloring. Place two small scoops of ice cream in each tortilla shell; top with whipped topping, cherries, pecans and tinted coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 492 calories, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Tacos...Ole in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.