Mexican Fried Ice Cream
"Fried ice cream is one of my favorite desserts to order from Mexican restaurants," says Mandy Wright of Springville, Utah. "When my sister and I found this recipe for preparing it at home, we knew it would be an impressive way to end a meal."
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing Cook: 5 min.
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Honey and whipped topping, optional
- Place nine 3-in. scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet; freeze overnight. Wrap each scoop separately in plastic wrap; transfer to a freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Unwrap ice cream; fry one scoop at a time for 8-10 seconds. Place in chilled bowls; serve immediately. Top with honey and whipped topping if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.