Slow-Cooker Lava Cake
I love chocolate. Perhaps that's why this decadent slow-cooker cake has long been a family favorite. Sometimes I serve it warm, with vanilla ice cream; the cake can also be served cold. —Elizabeth Farrell, Hamilton, Montana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours + standing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spread into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in hot water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cook, covered, on high 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Turn off slow cooker; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 207 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lucious Chocolate Lava Cake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.