Pressure Cooker Very Vanilla Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 65 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- TOPPING (optional):
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Sliced fresh strawberries or raspberries, optional
- Grease a 6-in. springform pan; pour water into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker.
- Mix cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and about 1 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Cover cheesecake tightly with foil. Place springform pan on a trivet with handles; lower into cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low, and set time for 1 hour and 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release the pressure. The cheesecake should be jiggly but set in center.
- Remove springform pan from pressure cooker; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 1 hour. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, melt chocolate and cream in a microwave; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Remove rim from springform pan. Pour chocolate mixture over cheesecake. If desired, sprinkle with berries to serve.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 484 calories, 34g fat (19g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
May 6, 2019
What changes could be made to this recipe to make it in an 8 quart Instant pot?
Feb 27, 2019
I made this cheesecake exactly as written, and it turned out perfectly for me! It was so good that I made another just a few days later to serve to company. They also agreed that the texture is perfect. The best part of making this in the pressure cooker: the top doesn't crack! So, you don't even have to top it if you want just plain cheesecake. Out of all the things I've made in my Instantpot (and there have been a lot of things), this is my new favorite recipe to make in it!
Sep 28, 2018
Recipe was missing a major step to set up for success- add 1.5 cups of water to the instapot before cooking. Maybe that was a given for many but as a new user, the first attempt was a flop. I quickly looked at other recipes and realized the water step was missing. I did cook the 45 minutes as noted in a previous review. Looking at other online recipes, 45 minutes makes more sense. It turned out great after the correction! Give it a try.
Apr 17, 2018
Before I review I want to mention that this recipe appears in the magazine Taste of Home Cook It....Fast or Slow. In this magazine the instructions for cooking are different that what is stated here. I cooked my cheesecake for 45 minutes on High Pressure. Let it naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure. After that I proceeded with the recipe as written above. We loved this cheesecake. I also love this cheesecake made in the slow cooker but found the pressure cooker made a denser cake that ate more like an actual baked cheesecake. A definite wining recipe for sure.
Mar 4, 2018
This recipe did not work out for me. I followed the directions and the ingredients. The texture of the cheesecake was too soft, even after refrigeration. I did not care for the cinnamon flavor in the crust. I also did not care for the VERY vanilla flavor. I used good, pure vanilla extract but to me, it was overpowering.If you make this cheesecake you must heed the instructions that say to wait until serving time to add the chocolate topping. The reason you have to serve the cheesecake right after applying the chocolate topping is that the chocolate topping becomes like 'magic shell' and you can't cut through it when you go to cut the cheesecake. For me, this recipe was a fail on many points.