Very Vanilla Slow Cooker Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 2 hours + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Miniature peanut butter cups or toasted sliced almonds
- Grease a 6-in. springform pan; place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- Pour 1 in. water into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer two 24-in. pieces of foil. Starting with a long side, roll up foil to make a 1-in.-wide strip; shape into a circle. Place in bottom of slow cooker to make a rack.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and about 1 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan on foil circle without touching slow cooker sides. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of white paper towels; place lid securely over towels. Cook, covered, on high 2 hours.
- Do not remove lid; turn off slow cooker and let cheesecake stand, covered, in slow cooker 1 hour.
- Remove springform pan from slow cooker; remove foil around pan. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 1 hour longer. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Remove rim from springform pan. Pour chocolate mixture over cheesecake; sprinkle with miniature peanut butter cups or almonds.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 565 calories, 41g fat (24g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 24, 2018
Beautiful flavor and texture, not too dense. Absolutely crack-free top. Was great with fresh fruit, blueberry pie filling, or a drizzle of dark chocolate sea salt caramel sauce.
Oct 1, 2017
Love the small size, used light cream cheese and fat free sour cream. Turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing!
Mar 1, 2016
Made this last week and it was really good. I would like to cut the ingredients in half so the cheesecake isn't so filling. Any ideas on how to adjust the cooking time?
Sep 4, 2015
What can I use instead the 6-qt. slow cooker? I don?t have it. Thanks
Jun 16, 2014
Just answering question by BBatten17.The paper towels will absorb all the water that forms on the inside of a slow cooker lid. The water would completely spoil the texture of the cake as it bakes if not eliminated. You do that by using the paper towels. Hope this helps.
Jun 11, 2014
What is the purpose of the paper towels?
May 25, 2014
The best and easiest recipe yet!
Apr 6, 2014
So cute and fun to make. Loved the smaller size. Found a pan at walmart.com. The cheesecake turned out creamy and delicious. I used light cream cheese (Neufchatel). Next time I may swirl in some chocolate in the batter.
Apr 5, 2014
This is a wonderfully light and creamy cheese cake. I too choose raspberry over chocolate, it was a nice tartness against the sweetness of the cheese cake; as put in the 3 teaspoons of vanilla. Was easy to make, I did find that I need to add extra layers of paper towels.
Mar 27, 2014
The cheesecake sound delicious!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.