Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional toasted hazelnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix wafer crumbs, hazelnuts and melted butter; press onto bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate, then sour cream, extracts and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 60-65 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over chilled cheesecake. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Remove rim from pan. If desired, served with whipped cream and additional hazelnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 484 calories, 39g fat (21g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 23, 2011
It turned out beautifully and I love the taste. However, it was a little too bitter for the average chocolate-lover. I might reduce the bittersweet chocolate next time to cater to general tastebuds.
Apr 15, 2011
I made 25 diffrent cakes for my daughters wedding reception. Three of this one and many more times since. Comes out beautiful every time.