Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional toasted hazelnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix wafer crumbs, hazelnuts and melted butter; press onto bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate, then sour cream, extracts and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 60-65 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over chilled cheesecake. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Remove rim from pan. If desired, served with whipped cream and additional hazelnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 484 calories, 39g fat (21g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 23, 2011
It turned out beautifully and I love the taste. However, it was a little too bitter for the average chocolate-lover. I might reduce the bittersweet chocolate next time to cater to general tastebuds.
Apr 15, 2011
I made 25 diffrent cakes for my daughters wedding reception. Three of this one and many more times since. Comes out beautiful every time.