Apple-Sweet Potato Pecan Dump Cake
This quick cake has lots of delicious apples, sweet potatoes, spices, pecans and caramel. My surprise of white cheddar cheese enhances the wonderful filling. —Kathy Specht, Clinton, Montana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine pie filling, sweet potatoes, cinnamon and pie spice in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and cheese; dot with butter. Drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with pecans. Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm, with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 347 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Apple Sweet Potato Butter Pecan Quick Cake in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.