Cinnamon-Pecan Apple Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (1 cup sauce)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Wrap one triangle around each apple half. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, flat side down.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dumplings. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in butter just until blended. Serve warm with warm dumplings; sprinkle with pecans.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Oct 27, 2016
I doubled the sauce (huge sauce fan here) and served these to my family on a Sunday and they were adored!
Jan 2, 2013
I made these apple dumplings for New Year's Day and they were quite the hit! Easy to make too!
Dec 1, 2012
These were amazing! Apple was firm, but tender, dumplings were soft and buttery...and the sauce was perfect with it. A big hit w/my holiday company ; )