Cookie Swirl Cobbler
An extra-rich, chocolate chip cookie dough and crescent roll topping provide a tasty twist on a classic cherry cobbler. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie dough, brown sugar, baking chips and 1/4 cup almonds. Set aside. In a large saucepan, heat cherry pie filling over medium heat until bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Fold in raspberries. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Unroll crescent dough into a long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Drop small spoonfuls of cookie dough mixture over top; spread gently to cover. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 12 slices; arrange cut side up on cherry mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine confectioners' sugar, remaining almond extract and enough milk to make a medium-thick glaze. Drizzle rolls with glaze; sprinkle with remaining toasted almonds. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.