Crescent Apple Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled
- 16 red-hot candies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons grapefruit or citrus soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into eight triangles. Cut apple into eight wedges. Place an apple wedge and two red-hots on each crescent triangle. Bring up corners of dough to center; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, butter and vanilla; spoon over rolls. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir). Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 24, 2013
We don't like tart apple. I use delicious or Gala, cut in small squares. Also add nutmeg to the cinnamon (no pumpkin pie spice). 8oz mt dew works well. I'm making it tomorrow, but adding cheesecake filling (made from scratch) with the apples.
Apr 3, 2012
Pretty quick and easy and yummy!
Sep 17, 2011
Can someone explain to me exactly what it means by pouring soda around the rolls? In the pan around them or over them? And do you sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice on the rolls or on the soda? I hate to seem dense, but I'm not quite getting a mental picture! Your help is appreciated! :-)
Feb 5, 2011
This is absolutely delicious and so quick and easy to make. We just love it!
Jan 27, 2011
I made this for a family get together and the whole pan was gone. You can use diet soda (mt. dew, 7-up etc.) as well to help reduce the sugar/carbs.
Jun 24, 2010
My son loved helping with the recipe. I will be making this again.
Jan 5, 2010
Made these the other night for my family. Quick, easy and delicious.