Apple Dumpling Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into eight triangles. Wrap a triangle around each wedge. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended; sprinkle over dumplings. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir).
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 dumplings: 414 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 24, 2018
Quick and easy dessert that tastes delicious! I like Janet's suggestion of using peaches - thanks!
Mar 13, 2018
This recipe is wonderful, but try it with peaches. I REALLY like it with peaches a lot better. Instead of Mountain Dew I use pineapple juice - gives it a better taste.
Nov 18, 2017
Delicious, one of our favorites!
Oct 4, 2017
These are so easy and very, very delicious.
Sep 11, 2017
I have been making these for years and never get tired of hearing compliments! If you use sugar free or diet soda, chances are your sauce will not thicken.
Sep 11, 2017
I have made this recipe using regular or diet 7-Up and it works just as well---any type of lemon-lime soda will do.
Aug 27, 2017
Really easy to make and delicious! I'll be making these again!
Aug 9, 2017
So easy! So delicious!
Jul 20, 2017
Wow, I can't get over how good this was. Super easy and delicious!
Nov 8, 2013
Taste great easy and quick to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.