Apple Dumpling Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into eight triangles. Wrap a triangle around each wedge. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended; sprinkle over dumplings. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir).
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 dumplings: 414 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2019
These are so easy and fun to make, and they turned out very well. The Mountain Dew is a great conversation piece too - people find it hard to believe they are an ingredient in this dessert! Next time I will probably reduce the sugar a bit, since they were quite sweet made as is.
Jan 10, 2019
I made this wonderful dessert with golden delicious apples for church potluck and served with ice cream...out of this world! Golden delicious apples hold their shape when baked and are so, so good!
Nov 6, 2018
Made this last night, very good! I was very skeptical because the mix of butter, sugar, and cinnamon ( I also added 1/2 tsp of nutmeg) wasn’t a sprinkling consistentcy. Placed on top of dumplings by tablespoonful. Baked into a nice crunch! I also only used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup of sugar. Personal preference, Was perfectly sweetened and buttery. Will definitely make again and will try with even less butter. Thank you Chris
Oct 29, 2018
Great tasting, easy recipe. I've been making these apple dumplings for years and my family and friends love them!
Mar 24, 2018
Quick and easy dessert that tastes delicious! I like Janet's suggestion of using peaches - thanks!
Mar 13, 2018
This recipe is wonderful, but try it with peaches. I REALLY like it with peaches a lot better. Instead of Mountain Dew I use pineapple juice - gives it a better taste.
Nov 18, 2017
Delicious, one of our favorites!
Oct 4, 2017
These are so easy and very, very delicious.
Sep 11, 2017
I have been making these for years and never get tired of hearing compliments! If you use sugar free or diet soda, chances are your sauce will not thicken.
Sep 11, 2017
I have made this recipe using regular or diet 7-Up and it works just as well---any type of lemon-lime soda will do.