Easy Apple Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 small to medium apples, peeled and cored
- Preheat oven to 375°. For syrup, place 1 cup sugar, water, 3 tablespoons butter and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 21x14-in. rectangle; cut into six squares. Place an apple on each square. Fill center of each with 4 teaspoons sugar mixture and 1/2 teaspoon butter. Moisten edges of pastry with water; bring up corners over apples, pinching edges to seal. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Pour syrup around apples. Bake until golden brown and apples are tender, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 773 calories, 39g fat (24g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (62g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 7, 2016
These are the best! My family can't wait for me to make them!
Aug 18, 2013
My husband really enjoyed these apple dumplings. They were so quick and easy to pepare. They also made the kitchen smell delicious.I discovered that the dough wraps around the apples more completely if I use 3 pie crusts. I cut each in half roll the 6 halves into separate balls then flatten each ball enough to fit around the apples.
Aug 28, 2012
they tasted wonderful
Jul 20, 2012
I'm about to make this recipe again, like right now! My husband and I LOVED it and we are going to try to make an even bigger batch to share with others. This is mouth watering SOOOOOO Yummy good!!
Nov 7, 2011
This is the exact recipe my grandma and mom made and now I use. A family tradition served at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mine are the freezer ready to go. I prepare the apples in the pastry, then double bag them individually in fold & lock sandwich bags, place on cookie sheet and freeze overnight, then place in a large freezer zip bag. When ready to bake, complete as stated in recipe. Add 10-15 minutes baking time depending on size of apples, due to starting with frozen apples. Also, we double the sauce. Reserving half to warm up and pour over dumplings and ice cream. Yum!
Sep 22, 2011
omg, the best! and the smell is awesome
Dec 21, 2010
This recipe is a hit!!!
Nov 1, 2010
These are wonderful!
Nov 15, 2009
It was delicious and very easy. I made this for my family and we loved it!
Oct 28, 2009
I made this for my family and there are a few who don't even like apple pie, and they loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.