Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cake
Think slow cooker as a cake-maker for some seriously yummy dessert that is easy enough for Sunday brunch and tasty enough for Thanksgiving Day—and frees up oven space on holidays, too. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk together the next five ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
- Line a 5-qt. round slow cooker with heavy duty foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Spread batter evenly into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 2 hours. To avoid scorching, rotate slow cooker insert one-half turn midway through cooking, lifting carefully with oven mitts. Turn off slow cooker; let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes. Using foil, carefully lift cake out of slow cooker and invert onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle caramel syrup over cake; top with pecans. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 473 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Caremel pecan pumpkin cake in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.