German Chocolate Dump Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle coconut and 1 cup pecans into baking pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth; beat in confectioners' sugar. Stir in chocolate chips and remaining pecans. Spoon over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 479 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 29, 2019
This cake is easy to make and is delicious!
Jul 15, 2017
I made this cake and it came out beautifully! The only change in preparing the batter was that I'd used buttermilk in place of the water called for on the package of cake mix. Everything else was what the recipe called for! delowenstein, TOH Volunteer Field Editor