German Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milks, 1/2 cup cream and rum. With a wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 1/2 in. apart. Slowly pour milk mixture over cake, allowing mixture to absorb into cake. Let stand 30 minutes. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans. If desired, drizzle servings with chocolate syrup.
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I would change is the rum. I am a drinker. I enjoy alcohol most days.... but the rum overpowered the dessert. Honestly, I was shocked by that since it was such a small amount. Otherwise, best dessert ever!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.