Spicy French Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 crusty rolls (5 inches)
- Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, jalapenos and dressing mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve beef on rolls with juice.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 315 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2017
Cut roast in half? Which direction? vertical or horizontal? Makes a difference.Very irritating lack of specific information.
Apr 6, 2014
Easy and excellent! I did use pepperoncini instead of jalapeno's .
Feb 7, 2014
Jul 31, 2013
I would absolutely make this again. My family loved it.
Apr 14, 2013
This was far too hot for me but Tim loved it.Next time I'll cut the pepper amount down.
Oct 16, 2011
A bit expensive but very delicious. Used the leftovers to make melts on sourdough, equally delicious.
Oct 3, 2011
These were so delicious. The meat was moist with just enough spice. The au jus was flavorful but not salty light many recipes I've tried. I'll definitely be making this again!
Jun 8, 2011
My family and I seriously enjoyed this. It's such an cinch to make. I also alternate the jalapenos with peperoncinis. So YUMMY!
Oct 31, 2010
My husband raved about this one! He was still talking about it the next day! Very good and SO easy!
Jun 22, 2010
A family favourite!