Hot Mushroom Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Assorted raw vegetables or crackers
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon. Serve warm with vegetables or crackers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 2, 2016
All the right non fancy Ingredients that makes for one fancy Dip. Love the smoky taste that the bacon adds. I served ours with baked wontons. But I think that some toasted baguette bread would have been a better choice. Its a little heavier in texture so you want to use a sturdier type of cracker. I made the recipe as is. This one certainly will fit anyone's entertaining menu*Janie Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Dec 12, 2015
Made several times. Yummy
Dec 5, 2013
Good one to cook in holidays
Jul 28, 2011
It was a favorite at the potluck...... however I found it to be a bit salty and it to be just like a stroganoff sauce....Good just different
Jan 23, 2011
Good hot. Make just before serving. I had to add chicken stock to thin it out because I left it on the stove too long. I also made it with low fat cream cheese and sour cream - still great!