Shredded French Dip
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 8 to 10 French or Italian rolls, split
- Halve roast and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, consomme, broth and bouillon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with 2 forks. Serve on rolls. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve juices on the side for dipping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 21, 2019
Excellent for family get togethers. Recommend adding mozzarella slice as someone mentioned. Sauted onions and green peppers give the sandwich a little wangy twangy flavor also. Your guests are going to love smelling it while it cooks also.
Aug 21, 2019
Love this recipe, I also took the left overs and turned it into beef barley soup and it was so good.
Jan 21, 2019
I use a chuck roast and I make mashed potatoes and carrots to go with it, rather than making the sandwiches. I thicken the juices with cornstarch and water for gravy. I have been making it since 2001 and my family agrees that it is literally the best meal I make. Thanks so much for the recipe. Everyone else, try it and you won't be disappointed.
Jul 6, 2018
I have made this several times and it’s always a hit with my family. I love the fact that it only has a few ingredients. I have omitted the beef granules because I ran out and can’t find them in stores. Don’t really miss them.
Apr 5, 2018
Delicious & easy! Served with a slice of provolone cheese on hoagie buns.
Dec 20, 2017
I followed the recipe to a t and my wife and I both said it was pretty bland / flavorless, I will not make it again!
Oct 24, 2017
This recipe was incredible! It is amazing how a simple chuck roast turned into this shredded french dip masterpiece. We toasted bread and melted some provolone cheese on these sandwiches too.
Aug 27, 2017
This is a super easy recipe. The chuck roasts didn't look good at the store, so the meat man suggested a sirloin tip roast. I followed the recipe otherwise. The sauce was delicious, but the meat had no flavor. I think I should have used a roast with some fat. Maybe it will be more flavorful after a day in the fridge.
May 2, 2017
Wished I could give this recipe 10 stars, as this is an amazing beef dish. The only change I made was to sprinkle onion powder on the beef before adding the other ingredients. Served is as a sandwich, however, I think for next times, I will either serve it with rice, mashed potatoes or even pasta with a side of vegetables & salad.Karla, THANK YOU so much for sharing this wonderful recipe with us all.
Feb 22, 2017