Slow-Cooker Thai Peanut Noodles
I like to serve these Thai peanut noodles with green onion or cilantro for a pop of color and fresh flavor. — Catherine Cebula, Littleton, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Place the chicken and onion in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine salsa, peanut butter, bean sauce and soy sauce; add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into slow cooker. Stir in mushrooms. If desired, sprinkle with green onions.