Buttered Poppy Seed Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, saute onion in butter until onion begins to brown. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Cook and stir until noodles begin to brown.
- Add the green onions, poppy seeds, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 10, 2010
I made these the way my mom always did. Boiled the noodles in chicken broth, ditched the white onion and parsely, tripled the green onion and added about 1 cup of shredded carrots. Only needs about 1 tablespoon of poppyseeds. Two is A LOT!
Oct 6, 2009
Next time add a little bit more butter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.