Buttered Poppy Seed Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, saute onion in butter until onion begins to brown. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Cook and stir until noodles begin to brown.
- Add the green onions, poppy seeds, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2010
I made these the way my mom always did. Boiled the noodles in chicken broth, ditched the white onion and parsely, tripled the green onion and added about 1 cup of shredded carrots. Only needs about 1 tablespoon of poppyseeds. Two is A LOT!
Oct 6, 2009
Next time add a little bit more butter.