Hamburger Stroganoff with Poppy Seed Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- POPPY SEED NOODLES:
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef in onion and butter until the beef is no longer pink. Stir in the flour, salt, garlic, pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soup; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; heat through, but do not boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the noodles, poppy seed and butter; toss lightly. Serve stroganoff with noodles. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 509 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Feb 26, 2014
Very good! I did add a little beef broth to it and it turned out great. The whole family loved it. This is a keeper!
Jan 30, 2014
This wasn't good enough to make again. The only reason for 2* is because it was filling which served a purpose....but wasn't flavorful at all and tasted like hamburger helper.
Jul 31, 2013
Easy, economical and tastes good! Usually you don't get all 3 in one recipe. Definitely a keeper.
May 25, 2013
Tasty and quick. I used fresh mushrooms and fried them with the onion and butter before adding the beef.
Mar 25, 2013
Not being big meat eaters, I used just 1 pound of ground beef. I, also, like more sauce so I used the water that rehydrated the dried mushrooms I had on hand. In addition I added 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules. This was so easy to make and tasted great over noodles. The leftover stroganoff tasted even better the next day on the 'Angel biscuits' I had made using the recipe on Taste of Home website. Will definitely make again and soon.
Mar 7, 2013
excellent the whole family loved it
Aug 24, 2012
Very good! Added onion powder, garlic powder, more salt and pepper, minus the mushrooms.
Feb 5, 2011
I made this recipe back in the 1970's. It was a favorite of my family. Brings back warm memories.
Oct 9, 2010
Yummy....family loved it!
Sep 23, 2010
I substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream and 1 pound of ground turkey instead of 1.5 pounds of ground beef to reduce the fat and calories. My family loved it!