Asian Veggie Glass Noodles
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 5 ounces uncooked bean thread noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Lime or lemon wedges, optional
- Place noodles in a large bowl; cover with water. Let stand 30 minutes or until noodles are translucent and softened.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix, snow peas and red pepper; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- Drain noodles. Using scissors, cut noodles into 4-in. lengths. In same pan, combine broth, soy sauce and pepper; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook and stir until noodles are tender. Add vegetable mixture, green onions and cilantro; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with eggs; if desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 321 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2017
This is actually sotanghon, not pancit. because of the noodles used. Pansit uses rice noodles, not the ones specified. And it should include chicken and shrimp as part of ingredients. But it's quite tasty, though not truly Filipino!
Mar 29, 2017
Yummy! Lots of flavor. I did add about half cup more broth and a dash more soy, turned out perfect
Jan 16, 2016
Outstanding pancit--very flavorful. I substituted a small amount of sesame oil and used boiled chow mien noodles. Thank you for sharing your family recipe.
Mar 19, 2014
My family really enjoyed this dish. I added chicken and red pepper flakes. Had to purchase the bean thread noodles at an Asian specialty shop but it was worth it.