Asian Pork and Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked bean thread noodles
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 1 cup coarsely chopped bok choy
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked pork tenderloin
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Soak noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute carrots and bok choy in oil until tender. Add ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce, pepper and noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until noodles are tender. Stir in pork and green onions; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 116 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Feb 9, 2016
I made this soup for family night and it was yumm.I wanna get classy soup bowls so I can serve soup on a regular basis. I love that the kids are starting to like it to. I need soup bowls that can also be used for kids serving. Any suggestions?
Jan 22, 2015
We really enjoyed this soup. We had leftover pork tenderloin to use up and on a cold, wet, wintery night this recipe sounded great. I didn't add the extra cup of water. I think it would be rather tasteless adding it. The only other changes I made were rice noodles, I added garlic, a bit more carrot, bok choy and pork to make it more substantial, about 2 tsp ginger instead of 1 Tbsp. and I forgot to add the sesame oil.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.