Slow-Cooker Pad Thai
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or additional soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces uncooked Asian lo mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2- or 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, about 4 hours. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- In a large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions. In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Drain noodles. Stir eggs and noodles into slow cooker. Top with green onions, peanuts and cilantro.
Freeze option: Double the chicken mixture. Freeze half of cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Prepare noodles and eggs as directed; stir into chicken mixture. Garnish as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 482 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
May 13, 2020
This is an easy recipe to follow and tastes delicious. I did double the sauce since the previous review said it seemed a little dry. My husband loved it!
Feb 11, 2020
I really like this recipe except it the chicken dried out when I cooked it so I had to add more peanut sauce. I also added bean sprouts to the recipe