Slow Cooker Pad Thai
I love pad Thai, but I hate standing over a hot stir-fry—especially in the summer. This slow cooker version lets me keep my cool and enjoy pad Thai, too. —Shawn Barto, Winter Garden, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or additional soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces uncooked Asian lo mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2- or 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the next six ingredients; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, about 4 hours. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- In a large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions. In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Drain noodles. Stir eggs and noodles into slow cooker. Top with green onions, peanuts and cilantro.Freeze option: Double the chicken mixture. Freeze half of cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Prepare noodles and eggs as directed; stir into chicken mixture. Garnish as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 482 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Slow cooker pad thai in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.