Vegetarian Pad Thai
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- Lime wedges
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse well and drain again. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and lime juice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry carrots and pepper until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add green onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour eggs into same pan; cook and stir until no liquid egg remains. Stir in carrot mixture, noodles and sauce mixture; heat through. Add bean sprouts; toss to combine. Top with cilantro and, if desired, peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 339 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 13, 2019
Ingredients are good but the sauce is way too sour. I added more brown sugar but would eliminate either the lime juice or vinegar if making again.
Jul 6, 2018
this is delicious made as is but I would not call it a simple meal as it has a lot of prep work -- once that is done - it went together quickly - I did add pea pods only change - and we added some siracha for heat -- I would make it again and add some shrimp or chicken and then 1 and half times the sauce to make up for that added ingred - its a great recipe -loved it - thanks for sharing your recipe >
Jun 22, 2018
Easy to make and quick so that's a bonus. I think my rice noodles were too thin or maybe I overcooked them because it was hard to mix together. Overall this was just 'meh'. I did add broccoli florets as well. My kids ate my snow peas before I could use them for this so I ended up using sugar snap peas. I precooked the peas and the broccoli and just added them at the end with the sauce. Would be better with fresh veggies over the frozen I'm sure. I'll probably make again with a different noodle and fresh veggies just to re-evaluate.In short...not bad but won't make the regular dinner rotation.