Curried Shrimp Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, water chestnuts, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, soy sauce and curry powder. Stir into shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle;with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 491 calories, 38g fat (5g saturated fat), 236mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 11, 2013
We were out of water chestnuts so I used diced carrots instead. Note the color of the mayo plus soy sauce is brownish - don't be alarmed - it tastes great!
Jul 30, 2010
The recipe looked good, - - but it turned out to be excellent. My husband and I really enjoyed the salad as a main meal - on a very hot day.July 30, 2010Schnuckelchen
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.