Curried Shrimp Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, water chestnuts, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, soy sauce and curry powder. Stir into shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle;with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 491 calories, 38g fat (5g saturated fat), 236mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2013
We were out of water chestnuts so I used diced carrots instead. Note the color of the mayo plus soy sauce is brownish - don't be alarmed - it tastes great!
Jul 30, 2010
The recipe looked good, - - but it turned out to be excellent. My husband and I really enjoyed the salad as a main meal - on a very hot day.July 30, 2010Schnuckelchen