Creamy Curry Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with curry powder; cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Stir in tomato paste. Gradually stir in water; then cream.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
Jun 14, 2019
I created an account just so I could rate this. I've probably made this 6 times in 3 months. Double the sauce, it will never go to waste. My friends and family loved it, even the kids! I served it over some coconut Jasmine rice and my friend said it was "restaurant quality"....I immediately teared up.
Oct 20, 2012
Oh! I am SO happy I found this recipe. I had this delicious shrimp dish in Kauai, and I have been wanting to replicate it. This recipe was perfect! Instead of cream, I used whole milk and coconut milk. I also added some lime juice, Sriracha chili sauce, and sweet chili sauce. I served it over white/brown rice mix with a cabbage cole slaw and it was AMAZING!
Jan 10, 2012
I tried this recipe with rice,and i added garlic and fresh mushrooms to shrimps but honestly i was expecting it to be yummier!
Jan 3, 2011
My husband and I liked this recipe. I actually used already cooked shrimp but it turned out great. I would probably double the liquid part since we like sauce on our noodles and it didn't make enough for leftovers.
May 25, 2008
Uh, I'm confused. How do you sub chicken for pork when it's shrimp?