Curried Shrimp and Apples
Apples and shrimp, seasoned with curry powder, combine beautifully in this appealing main dish. Sometimes I make it with chicken instead of the shrimp. —Lynda Mack, Neptune Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and celery in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in apples; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and curry powder. Gradually whisk in water and bouillon until smooth. Add shrimp; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice.