Lucky Lime Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Chill until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and whipped topping until smooth; stir into gelatin. Fold in pineapple.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- For shamrocks, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. pan. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Using a 2-in. shamrock-shaped cookie cutter, cut plain gelatin into nine shamrocks. Cut gelatin mixture into nine squares; top each with a gelatin shamrock.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 200 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2014
I've made this recipe but added finely chopped celery to give it a healthy crunchy bite.HINT:, the lemon juice will only make it firm to cut into squares
Mar 17, 2012
I doubled the recipe, eliminated the lemon juice and used a 2 quart round casserole instead of the 9 inch square dish. I didn't bother with the Jello shamrocks. It turned out perfect. I took it to a St. Patrick's Day get together and the guests enjoyed it.
Mar 19, 2010
I served the salad in small gram cracker shellsIt was easy to make and very good
Mar 13, 2010
This is just like the lime salad that my grandmother used to make. I've been looking for it everywhere.
Mar 2, 2010
I have made this lime gelatin sald for years. The only difference is that I never added the lemon. It is so yummy! I honestly never thought of making it into squares and topping with shamrocks. Thanks for the great idea!