Refreshing Shrimp Salad
Avocado, strawberries and shrimp are wonderful together in this very refreshing and light salad. Balsamic or raspberry vinaigrette dressings go well with the salad, as do Asian inspired dressings.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Salad dressing of your choice
- On each of four serving plates, arrange salad greens, shrimp, orange, avocado, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3 cups: 239 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Summer Shrimp Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008