Air-Fryer Cumin Carrots
Air-fryer carrots make a super side—big on flavor and a breeze to cook. Plus, I can actually get my husband to eat these fragrant, deeply spiced veggies. —Taylor Kiser, Brandon, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 4x1/2-inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 325°. In a dry small skillet, toast coriander and cumin seeds over medium heat 45-60 seconds or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Cool slightly. Grind in a spice grinder, or with a mortar and pestle, until finely crushed.
- Place carrots in a large bowl. Add melted coconut oil, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed spices; toss to coat. Place on greased tray in air-fryer basket.
- Cook until crisp-tender and lightly browned, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Test Kitchen tip