Cranberry-Pistachio Sticky Buns
Looking for a fantastic brunch item? Then try these ooey-gooey good sticky buns. They use frozen yeast roll dough and couldn't be simpler to make. The buns rise overnight in the refrigerator, so you just need to bake them the next morning.—Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Sprinkle pistachios, cranberries and cinnamon in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange rolls in a single layer on top.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, pudding mix, milk and extract until smooth. Pour over dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 sticky bun: 225 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Pistachio Sticky Buns in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012