I like to add extras like chips, nuts and dried cranberries to a brownie mix to turn regular brownies into the best brownies ever. Sometimes, I frost them with chocolate frosting and sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts for a super-rich treat.—Rita Cotten, Metropolis, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Fold in the chocolate chips, pecans, cranberries and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Best Brownies Ever in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition--Cooks Who Care
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.