Easy Cranberry Nut Dessert
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add cranberries and nuts; toss to coat. Stir in the butter, eggs and extract (mixture will be very thick if using frozen berries). Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 333 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2014
A family favorite, its a one bowl recipe. I always add 1 tsp of vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Easy to make after a long day at work. I found if you put it in the refrig overnight, the next day it has hints of a cheesecake.
Jan 6, 2013
I thought this was just okay. Yes, it was easy. It reminded me of a giant sugar cookie with cranberries. I baked it for an hour. My toothpick just didn't want to come out clean.
Sep 19, 2012
I have been making this dessert since it first appeared on the cover of Taste of Home in the DecJan issue 1996. Whenever I serve it it is a huge success and everyone asks for the recipe