Cranberry-Apple Nut Crunch
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packets (1.51 ounces each) instant oatmeal with cinnamon and spice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whole cranberries for garnish
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients and mix well. Place in a 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. For topping, combine oatmeal, nuts, flour, sugar and butter in another bowl. Mix well; spoon evenly over fruit mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and tender. Garnish with cranberries. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 422 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2018
I like the traditional oatmeal better. The instant oatmeal is too sweet and the texture too fine.
Dec 6, 2011
I added the walnut, raisin, and date oatmeal instead. Wonderful recipe!!