Streusel Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Add remaining batter and topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. For icing, combine all ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 419 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 5, 2016
Very good. I really like the filling. If you like a stronger cinnamon flavor, you probably want to add a little more and I also divided the batter into thirds. Essentially putting all the topping inside. I covered the top of the cake with a mixture of 1 tbsp. of sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. I also substituted walnuts for pecans and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts was plenty. I did agree with one other user that if you get just the cake and none of the topping, the cake seemed a little on the dry side.
Jul 17, 2013
A little on the dry side. Any suggestions on how to make it more moist? Everybody said it was very good and I'm sure I will make it again. The streusel topping is delicious.
Feb 12, 2010
First time I ever made a coffee cake, very easy and very good.