Angel Food Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- Sugar or sugar substitute to taste, optional
- Cut the cake in half; tear one half into small pieces and set aside. Cut the other half into 12-14 thin slices; arrange in the bottom of a waxed paper-lined 13-in. x 9-in. dish, overlapping as needed.
- Spread softened ice cream over cake, pressing down to smooth. Gently press the small cake pieces into ice cream. Cover and freeze. Just before serving, slice strawberries and sweeten to taste. Cut dessert into squares and top with strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 183 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
May 22, 2012
We enjoyed this and thought it was a perfect texture. We added strawberries and blueberries without sugar and everyone enjoyed it. Thank you!
Jan 3, 2011
Fast, easy, delicious, make ahead recipe enjoyed by all. I used frozen strawberries as the topping! Will definately make this again.
Feb 6, 2010
Since my last review of this recipe I was asked by my neighbor to make this for her get together. This time I added strawberriews under the ice cream and then covered the whole top with strawberries,,,,will let you know what they thought of it. Its in the freezer now and looks great!
Nov 28, 2009
It was great, we all loved it. I used canned pie filling which consisted of Raspberries, Strawberries and blueberries for the topping,,,,it was a hit!
Sep 12, 2008
I added a layer of sliced strawberries under the icecream. We all loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.