Grilled Corn Hummus Tostadas
This recipe is a combo of Mediterranean and Mexican cuisines, giving it a unique taste. Avocado and hummus may sound like a weird mix, but they really go well together. —Lauren Knoelke, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 small red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 container (8 ounces) hummus
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, optional
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Mexican hot pepper sauce, optional
- Brush corn and onion with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill corn and onion, covered, over medium-high heat until tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, brush tortillas with remaining oil. Grill, covered, until crisp and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cut corn from cobs. Process hummus, chipotle pepper and 2 cups of the cut corn in a food processor until almost smooth. Coarsely chop grilled onion; toss with tomatoes, salt and any remaining corn.
- Spread hummus mixture over tortillas; top with onion mixture, avocado, cheese and jalapeno. If desired, serve with limes, cilantro and pepper sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tostadas: 453 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 12g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Corn Hummus and Tostadas in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.