Apple Chicken Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first 8 ingredients. Place 3/4 cup mixture on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas to close; secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, 13-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Discard toothpicks. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla: 300 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 31, 2019
Loved these. Easy and tasty! We poured salsa in ours when we ate them.
Aug 21, 2017
This was delicious and easy to make.
Sep 4, 2013
I was a little confused on how to cut the apples up (it specified sliced) but the dish was good. I wasn't sure how to approach putting the lettuce on it either so i just spread the sour cream on top of each slice then added the lettuce and topped with salsa. Good overall.
Aug 16, 2013
Was good. Husband is not exactly a fan of quesadillas. Otherwise I would make it again.
Jul 1, 2013
This has been a family favorite ever since the first time we tried it. The flavors are delicious, and I love how easy it is to put together.
Jun 28, 2013
This has been a family favorite ever since we first tried it. I love that the filling is easy to make ahead for a quick dinner later.
Jun 28, 2013
This has been a family favorite ever since we tried it! The flavors are absolutely delicious, and it's easy to make the filling ahead of time for a quick dinner later.
Feb 15, 2013
Made last night and the family loved them. I didn't use the tomatoes and brushed the outside of the tortillas with a little olive oil before baking. I will make again.
Jan 20, 2013
A friend is recently diagnosed as diabetic so we're trying to find recipes that the whole gang will enjoy. This recipe meets that goal. A definite crowd pleaser.
Dec 30, 2011
Light, tasteful, and easy!!! My family loved it.