Apple Chicken Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first eight ingredients. Place 3/4 cup mixture on one half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas to close; secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, 13-18 minutes, turning halfway through. Discard toothpicks. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla: 300 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Aug 21, 2017
This was delicious and easy to make.
Sep 4, 2013
I was a little confused on how to cut the apples up (it specified sliced) but the dish was good. I wasn't sure how to approach putting the lettuce on it either so i just spread the sour cream on top of each slice then added the lettuce and topped with salsa. Good overall.
Aug 16, 2013
Was good. Husband is not exactly a fan of quesadillas. Otherwise I would make it again.
Jul 1, 2013
This has been a family favorite ever since the first time we tried it. The flavors are delicious, and I love how easy it is to put together.
Jun 28, 2013
This has been a family favorite ever since we first tried it. I love that the filling is easy to make ahead for a quick dinner later.
Jun 28, 2013
This has been a family favorite ever since we tried it! The flavors are absolutely delicious, and it's easy to make the filling ahead of time for a quick dinner later.
Feb 15, 2013
Made last night and the family loved them. I didn't use the tomatoes and brushed the outside of the tortillas with a little olive oil before baking. I will make again.
Jan 20, 2013
A friend is recently diagnosed as diabetic so we're trying to find recipes that the whole gang will enjoy. This recipe meets that goal. A definite crowd pleaser.
Dec 30, 2011
Light, tasteful, and easy!!! My family loved it.
Dec 19, 2011
This recipe is delicious! I am very new to cooking and this was so easy! I left the corn out because I thought it would make it too sweet but my husband loved it! He went back for seconds :) I served it with salsa and guacamole and he was in heaven! I would definitely make it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.