Apple Brie Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and quartered
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the onions, vinegar, sugar, thyme and rosemary in oil for 10 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Spoon the mixture over half of each tortilla; top with apples and cheese. Fold over. Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 514 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 9g fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 12, 2016
Loved this recipe - elegant flavor combination. Will definitely be making this again.
Oct 27, 2015
Made as directed with the exception I baked them in the oven instead of finiishing on a griddle. Great taste that went over very well as an appetizer. The brie, balsamic vinegar, apples and onions made for a very elegant combination. Will definately make again.
Jan 3, 2011
I was tired of my old appetizer recipes and wanted to make something different for an upcoming party. This recipe turned out to be a GREAT hit! Everyone was expecting it to be Mexican and pleasantly surprised at the unique taste. I modified the recipe slightly. I added cooked applewood bacon pieces to the mixture. I also double the recipe and for the other half, I used fresh mozzerella instead of the brie. In addition, I cooked the quesadillas in the oven at 475 F for 7-8 minutes until crispy and lightly brown. I had several requests for the recipe. This one is definitely a keeper! Next time I may try it with cooked chicken.