Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes4 servings (2 quesadillas each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Additional pico de gallo
- Grease a griddle with oil; heat over medium heat. Lightly sprinkle tortillas with water to moisten.
- Place eight tortillas on griddle; sprinkle with cheese. After cheese has melted slightly, top with 1 cup pico de gallo, avocado and cilantro. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with additional pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts2 quesadillas (calculated without additional pico de gallo): 611 calories, 37g fat (15g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 12g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 23, 2019
I cut the recipe down for two. I added onions, jalapeno slices, and sliced apples to the quesadillas. Delicious! Thank you, Debbie, for sharing this recipe.
May 12, 2015
This recipe was really delicious and my whole entire family enjoyed it! I changed it a little bit by using guacamole instead of avocado. I did this because it was faster prep time and I can get dinner on the table faster.
Apr 18, 2015
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. The quesadillas taste delicious. Even the carnivores in the family didn't seem to notice the lack of meat! This recipe is a keeper and will be filed under "quick & easy" and subtitled "yummy."
Mar 31, 2015
The avocado is not overly noticeable, which is a benefit for non-avocado-lovers, but it adds a nice creaminess. I added a sprinkle of ground beef crumbles (cooked!) in each one. I would make it again.