Pecan-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cornflakes, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a blender; cover and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in bread crumbs and pecans. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake 12-16 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 203 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 14, 2018
By mistake I forgot to sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper before coating them. Because of this, the nuggets were SO bland. My husband and I both said "not great taste, good texture though!" That is totally my fault. I do think the coating could have been crispier (but I didn't want the chicken to be overdone). I also noticed that the pecan chips weren't sticking well to the chicken. I think next time I'll have to cut them even smaller. I also found that 1.5 lb was just a bit too much for the two of us (even as leftovers), so I'll only do 1 lb next time (personal note). I'll re-rate this recipe when I make it correctly the next time! As for now, it's 4 stars based on needing it to be a bit more crispy and the pecans not sticking to the nuggets too well.
Feb 28, 2018
Pretty good - but I have to admit that I didn’t realize I didn’t have cornflakes until it was too late, so i ended up throwing tortilla chips into the food processor and substituting those shoes instead (My husband’s idea). Not bad! My 4 year old was really upset they weren’t like Chick Fil A’s nuggets :) I will make again!
Aug 17, 2016
A hit with my family! Great with BBQ sauce and ranch dressing.
Sep 21, 2015
Grandkids loved these little nuggets. I love them because they are baked, not fried. They were super dipped in BBQ, marinara, or honey mustard sauces. Will, make again.
Feb 19, 2014
Outstanding! Easy and fast to make. Great with BBQ sauce.
Feb 9, 2014
very tasty and not fried! I had double the amount of chicken tenders so I doubled the breading ingredients. No need, the original recipe makes plenty. Very tender and will make again!
Feb 5, 2014
These were delicious. I put them on a spinach salad with strawberries and more pecans. Then I made TOH's makeover spinach salad dressing to serve on top. Great recipe. Reheating leftovers in the toaster oven is a must. They didn't hold up too well in the microwave.