Turkey Enchilada Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion and peppers over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles, 5-7 minutes. Stir in cream cheese and chili powder.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a shallow bowl. Dip tortillas in sauce to coat. Place two tortillas in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spread with half of the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with salsa and sour cream.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake lasagna as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 282 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 28, 2019
Very good and easy. Great flavor
Feb 27, 2018
It was very good. Could of used a little more spice. I would add green chilies next time
Aug 15, 2014
We made this one with ground pork instead of turkey and used white corn tortillas. It was amazing. It is simple and oh so good.
Sep 11, 2013
Aug 3, 2013
My husband wants it with corn tortillas next time. Also I didn't really stick to the meat guidelines. I like to mass cook hamburger meat so I just pulled out what I thought would be enough. I will definitely be adding more meat next time. I have big guys to feed. This was extremely easy to throw together though. Great for any night I am rushed with homework and kids.
Jan 13, 2013
Loved this recipe! I substituted lean ground beef sirloin for ground turkey and it tasted great. Very hearty and filling. I agree with another reviewer that you could not tell the cream cheese was fat-free.
Oct 29, 2012
This was a very good healthier option - very creamy, you couldn't even tell it was fat-free cream cheese! The only thing I might do different is half the recipe, as we were only cooking for two, but it still tasted good leftover.
Oct 16, 2012
Even my picky eater and his friend loved this one! I doubled everything and only had a few slices left.
Apr 5, 2012
This did not work for me....it was very mushy on the insides and the outside burned.
Mar 23, 2012
Also works great in a large pie plate!