Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in a oil for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 33g fat (7g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Jun 5, 2018
I thought the mustard sauce was delicious by itself as a condiment. The chicken was good, but seemed that it was lacking flavor.
Jan 9, 2016
I can only rate the chicken and not the mustard sauce. I am not a fan of mustard. I loved the pecan coating. The chicken was moist and delicious. We eat a lot of chicken and I'm always looking for new coatings. I made it for a quick lunch and served with green beans.
Jul 9, 2014
Really nice flavor! Love the dipping sauce!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm sorry I can't rate this recipe as yet, but plan to. I'd like to know how to make the raspberry sauce spinmom makes??
Apr 19, 2011
This is delicious. I made the recipe as is except I halved the sauce ingredients (making a generous 1 tablespoon sauce per serving) to make it a little more weight watcher friendly. It's important to get the pecans chopped finely, tho, because those that I left too big tended to fall off during cooking. I used thinly sliced chicken breasts.
Sep 15, 2010
I love this recipe and have been making it for a long time. It's also good with raspberry sauce and we switch between the two sauces for some variety.
Jun 22, 2009
Yes! It is a wonderful recipe! I cooked it in the skillet on medium heat, until the chicken was not pink inside (which was around 15 minutes). I also used only 1/4 tsp of dried thyme and subsituted garlic poweder for the other 1/2 tsp. Yum yum!
Apr 24, 2008
Has anyone tried to bake this recipe? If so, at what temp and how long.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.