Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in a oil for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 33g fat (7g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Jun 5, 2018
I thought the mustard sauce was delicious by itself as a condiment. The chicken was good, but seemed that it was lacking flavor.
Jan 9, 2016
I can only rate the chicken and not the mustard sauce. I am not a fan of mustard. I loved the pecan coating. The chicken was moist and delicious. We eat a lot of chicken and I'm always looking for new coatings. I made it for a quick lunch and served with green beans.
Jul 9, 2014
Really nice flavor! Love the dipping sauce!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm sorry I can't rate this recipe as yet, but plan to. I'd like to know how to make the raspberry sauce spinmom makes??
Apr 19, 2011
This is delicious. I made the recipe as is except I halved the sauce ingredients (making a generous 1 tablespoon sauce per serving) to make it a little more weight watcher friendly. It's important to get the pecans chopped finely, tho, because those that I left too big tended to fall off during cooking. I used thinly sliced chicken breasts.
Sep 15, 2010
I love this recipe and have been making it for a long time. It's also good with raspberry sauce and we switch between the two sauces for some variety.
Jun 22, 2009
Yes! It is a wonderful recipe! I cooked it in the skillet on medium heat, until the chicken was not pink inside (which was around 15 minutes). I also used only 1/4 tsp of dried thyme and subsituted garlic poweder for the other 1/2 tsp. Yum yum!
Apr 24, 2008
Has anyone tried to bake this recipe? If so, at what temp and how long.