Ginger-Maple Roasted Pecans
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 slices fresh gingerroot (cut from a 1-1/2-inch piece)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 pound pecan halves (about 3 cups)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2-3 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally. Strain and discard ginger slices.
- Place pecans in a large bowl; drizzle with syrup mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to prepared pan. Roast 20-25 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 339 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2017
These were really good as a light appetizer for our Thanksgiving dinner. Be careful not to scorch them though; they seemed slightly undercooked so we cooked them for 5 more minutes and they did scorch a little.
Dec 30, 2013
DELICIOUS! I can't stop eating them, and they were popular at a Christmas party too.
Nov 25, 2013
Made these yesterday. So delicious! Took a little longer to roast...30 minutes. Each time I stirred them, I sprinkled on some freshly cracked black pepper for more zing. There will be a great hostess gift. Thank you, Angie!
Nov 23, 2013
I love these. Fabulous! Addicting! I am bringing them to my sister Michelle's house for Thanksgiving! I have also shared the recipe with others at work as I brought them in for snacking. Everyone loves them. I would just use a little less salt next time. This one is a keeper!
Nov 14, 2013
YUM. Great for those who pack lunches and need a quick protein filled snack.