Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with preserves; sprinkle with onion powder. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pecans.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 354 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 16, 2017
WOW! So good. I had to substitute Provel cheese because I didn't have Fontina and I accidentally forgot the pecans (which I'm sure would have made this even better), but this dish was so tasty that my hubby was literally bowing down to me! Who knew food could be so powerful?
Feb 14, 2017
Tasted like chicken with cherry preserves poured over it...Just not that great. The chicken was kind of dry as well.
Feb 7, 2015
This recipe is a keeper. Made some changes of my own that I believe were a real improvement. I dipped chicken pieces in milk then bread crumbs with the onion powder added, then browned in oil in a fry pan before putting in my baking dish. At this point I followed the recipe. And, I used more fontina cheese since my chicken breasts were larger than 4 ounces each and I did not think 2 ounces for enough for cheese lovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.