Warm Spiced Nuts
I like to set out bowls of spiced nuts when hosting holiday parties. Sometimes I stir in M&M's for a sweet and salty snack.—Jill Matson, Zimmerman, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, almonds and peanuts. Combine butter and Worcestershire sauce; pour over nuts and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Transfer warm nuts to a bowl. Combine the chili powder, garlic salt and cayenne; sprinkle over nuts and stir to coat. Serve warm, or allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 231 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Warm Spiced Nuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.