Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the cauliflower, carrots and onion in oil for 10 minutes. Add the zucchini, water, cumin, salt, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans and tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes longer. Serve over rice if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 12, 2014
I have made this dish 100 by now, I do change up things here and there, but just love all the flavors!!!
Jul 19, 2011
WOULD GIVE IT A TRY
Dec 11, 2010
Delicious, healthy, and simple. I love Lebanese food, and this has a similar flavoring.